Where : The Giant Swing Compound, opposite Bangkok City Hall, Kwaeng Saochingcha, Khet Phra Nakhon
Category : Travel / Attractions
Updated by : Admin
This is the official temple of King Rama VIII of Rattanakosin period housing his majesty sculpture within the compound Wihan houses “ Phrasi Sakayamunee” as the principal Sukhothai Buddha bronze image in the Subduing Mara posture. Ubosot, which is quoted for the longest of its kind in Thailand, houses Phra phutta Trilokkachet as the principal Buddha image in the Subduing Mara posture, larger than other Buddha images cast during Ratanakosin period . This temple is noted for its superb murals in the main chapel as same as Santa Maria delle Grazia which is acclaimed of its frescoed painting of Leonardo da Vinci’s.
Motto: “Worshipping Buddha Images at Wat Suthat will enlarge your visions and fascinate surround people”"
Offerings: 3 incense sticks, 1 candle
How to go :
Buses no. 10, 12, 15, 19, 35, 42, 48, 73, 96
Air-conditioned bus no. 42
What / Why :
Wat Suthat Thepwararam is a royal principal temple originally called “Wat Maha Suthawas” toward the end of King Rama I’s reign. Phra Sri Sakayamuni, a Buddha image from Sukhothai from Wat Mahatat was housed in this temple. When the construction was completed in 1847, during the reign of King Rama III, it was renamed as “Wat Suajesty.
• The Wihan houses Phra Sri Sakayamuni as the principal Sukhothai Buddha bronze image in the Subduing Mara posture.
• Around the Wihan is a selection of 28 Chinese chedis on a 6-tiered base representing the 28 Lord Buddha incarnations.
• The Ubosot, which is quoted as the longest of its kind in Thailand, houses Phra Puttha Trilokkachet as the principal Buddha image in the Subduing Mara posture, larger than other Buddha images cast during the Rattanakosin period.
• Superb murals in the main chapel the same as the Santa Maria delle Grazie which is acclaimed for its frescoed paintings of Leonardo da Vinci’s Last Supper.
• The temple hall of religious instruction contains Phra Puttha Setthamuni as the principal Buddha image, cast with bronze and covered with opium cases seized in 1839, in the reign of King Rama III.
For More Information :
Site : http://www.9wat.net/
Top Attractions in