Where : Km. 33, Old Sukhumvit Road, Bangpu Mai, 8 kilometers from Samut Prakan
Category : Travel / Attractions
Updated by : Admin
Open hours : Daily (8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
Fee : Admission fee: Adult 300 baht, Child 200 baht,Tram ride and guide: 240 baht,Bicycle rental fee: 50 baht,Golf cart rental fee: 200 baht/hour,Accommodation rate: 50-250 baht/person
• Scaled-down and actual-size replicas of important historical sites of various provinces, such as Prasat Hin Phanom Rung, Wat Mahathat Sukhothai, Phraphuttabat Saraburi, Phrathat Mueang Nakhon, and Phrathat Chaiya.
• Rare traditional folk arts and cultures.
• Take a tram ride or a bicycle trip to explore the architecture and landscape.
• Shop souvenirs in the old way
• Have a relax lunch by the lake at the floating market.
How to go :
• By car: From Bangkok, take Samrong - Samut Prakan Road to Samut Prakan T-junction and turn left along the old Sukhumvit road to Km. 33
• By bus: Take the A/C bus route 11 (Pinklao - Paknam) to the end of the route and take the local minibus route 36 to Ancient City
What / Why :
The Ancient City is the world's biggest open-air museum (200 acres). It is the door opening to the heritage of Thai wisdom, with a wide range of architectural symbols, fine arts and craftsmanship, and natural environment that integrate harmoniously.
Accommodations, feast and wedding banquets are available.
For More Information :
• Ancient City Office
78/1 Democracy Monument, Ratchadamnoen, Bangkok 10200
Tel: (66) 2224 1057, (66) 2226 1936-7
Fax: (66) 2226 1227
• Ancient City
Tel: (66) 2709 1644-5
Tel/Fax: (66) 2323 9253
Site : http://www.ancientcity.com
Top Attractions in